Motherhood is a very special phase in any woman’s life. We want the best for our infant as we know what we will be providing the baby, it will make them stronger or weaker. Choosing what is best for the baby, having society’s pressure. People giving opinions and expecting you to do the same they asked you to, can put a mother in a very bad position. New moms have this certain pressure on them that they are not providing the best to their babies. Postpartum depression is real which some people think is not. In these all doubts, the very important topic of discussion for every mom is whether to breastfeed the child or give them formula milk. We have all the answers to your questions.
Many kinds of research have proved that breastfeeding is much better than formula milk, we are referencing some of them here to give you the right stats whether it’s a myth or a universal truth.
Researches proving breastfeeding is better than formula:
“The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends breast milk as the best nutrition for infants. Babies should be breastfed exclusively for the first six
months, according to the AAP.”
“Breast-feeding provides the best nutrition for your baby and is the most widely recommended way to feed a newborn.”
“The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) explains that breastfed babies have a lower incidence of asthma, leukemia, obesity, ear infections, eczema, lower respiratory infections, necrotizing enterocolitis (a disease that affects the gastrointestinal tract in premature babies), sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), and type 2 diabetes.”
“According to the World Health Organization (WHO), higher IQ, greater school attainment, and higher salary in later years are also associated with breastfeeding.”
Benefits of Breastfeeding:
- Breast milk has all the natural nutrients and minerals which helps the baby to grow with a healthy appetite.
- Breast milk helps prevent the baby from getting diabetes.
- Infant death syndrome (SIDS) is prevented more by breast milk.
- Mothers who breastfeed their babies are most likely to lose weight easily and faster.
- Breastfed kids are less likely to have sinus issues or breathing issues.
- Breastfeeding helps in preventing health problems in the baby,such as eczema, ear infections, and stomach problems or any other allergies.
- Breastfed kids are less likely to have gas or constipation.
- Breastfed kids have a high level of cognitive functions.
- Breast milk has stem cells that may support organ development and repairing abilities.
- Breast milk has prebiotics called oligosaccharides that support a healthy gut.
Comparison between breastmilk and formula:
There are many ways where both breastmilk and formula are the same as they provide the energy level, nutrients, minerals etc. which will help the baby grow.
But if we do a comparison we will get to know why breastfeeding is better than formula milk
As the term describes itself, it is generated in labs with the help of cow milk. Different companies add different kinds of minerals and nutrients in it which can vary in babies and how they take it. But it has been proven that the formula milk makes the baby:
- Upset stomach
- Low level of IQ
- High risk of SIDS
As described above all the benefits are real and are the best option for the baby.
Thus, the decision of breastfeeding or giving your baby the formula is highly on the mother. We all want the best for our kids and we know what is best for them. Don’t let society pressurize you in making this decision. It is your baby not theirs.